The type of data that we collect
You may visit our Site without providing any personal data. If you contact us by any means (telephone, SMS, WhatsApp, email) to obtain information about our products (“Products”) or services (“Services”), we may collect your name, email or street address along with other information you may choose to submit.
If you create a hadiyati.com account (“Account”), we collect your first and last names and e-mail address and ask you to choose a password. Additionally, in order for us to verify your identity, we may require you in certain cases to provide us with a valid proof of identification in the form of a copy of your passport, national ID, driver’s license, date of birth or others.
If you make a purchase through our Site, we will ask you to fill, in addition to the above information, your payment method and payment details (credit/debit card or bank account), billing and shipping information as well as your telephone number; in case you are purchasing a gift, we may also collect the name of the recipient, their telephone number and shipping address. If you pay with a credit or debit card issued by a bank located outside Lebanon, the data relative to your payment may also be sent to this country to process your payment. By communicating to us the details of your credit or debit card, you expressly declare that you agree to the transmission of information concerning your payment to the country situated outside Lebanon.
When you create a wishlist, we may also collect the first and last name of the gift recipient/ beneficiary (in case you are not the gift recipient) and other information you choose to submit, including but not limited to the recipient shipping address and email address.
The use of the personal data we collect
- To respond to your requests and provide you with customer support
- To contact you about your orders and your Account and contact individuals (i.e. gift recipients) at your request and on your behalf (i.e. at the time of the delivery of the gifts)
- To process and track your purchases and maintain a record of the purchases you make on our Site
- To collect fees when applicable
- To provide you with important information about the Site, modifications made to our general Terms and Conditions, service upgrades and give you instructions and/or other administrative information
- To communicate with you about our Site, the Products displayed on our Site, our Services, offers and events
- For the analysis of data, revisions, development of new Products, improvement of our Site and Services, identification of trends and verification of the efficiency of our promotional offers
- To personalize browsing when you are on our Site and propose personal offers
- To identify and solve troubleshoot problems
- To detect and prevent illegal activities
- To verify information you give us with third parties in case of suspicion of fraud. For example, we may share some of the personal data you give us with banks or credit card authorization, processing and verification services for fraud screening purposes.
Sharing of data with third-parties
We may share the personal data that you provide to us, and the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Third-party service providers: We may engage other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include web hosting, technical assistance, data analysis, IT services, delivery of packages and email communications. These companies have access to PD only to perform their functions on our behalf, and are obligated not to disclose or use it for other purposes.
- Partner stores/ Sellers: We may share personal data with the Seller (s) the purchase(s) was/were made from for orders fulfilment and customer care Services for returns and exchanges, redemption of gift cards, inquiries about products, and any other issues with our Services.
- Aggregated information: In an ongoing effort to better understand our visitors and customers, we may analyze personal data in an anonymized and aggregate form in order to improve our Services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. Such information is usually collected when you respond to a survey or through the feedback ratings, reviews and other comments relating to your use of our Services and Products on our Site. We may also use and share this aggregate data with third-parties, including but not limited to our partner stores and affiliates.
- Legal requirements: In some cases, we may need to disclose your personal data to legal authorities or other third-parties where we are compelled to do so by court order or similar legal procedure; where we are required to disclose your personal data to comply with law; where we are cooperating with an ongoing law enforcement investigation or where we have a good faith belief that our disclosure of your personal data is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate a possible violation of our Terms and Conditions; or protect the rights, property, or safety of hadiyati.com, our users or others.
- Business transfers: In the event of the sale of hadiyati.com, your personal data may be disclosed to any potential purchaser for the purposes of the continued provision of the Site or otherwise in relation to any such sale.
Links to Other Websites
Receiving promotional emails from hadiyati.com
By registering and creating an Account on our Site, you give us your express consent to receive promotional emails from hadiyati.com. If, at any time, you decide you do not wish to receive emails from us, you can unsubscribe from our mailing list by clicking on the link at the bottom of any of the emails you receive.
How we protect your Personal Data
We take every precaution to safeguard all your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Your Account is protected by your Account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal data safe by not disclosing your password. We also advise you to change your password frequently. If you are concerned that your password has been compromised, please ensure you change your password by logging onto the “Account” section of the Site, or contact our customer care team for assistance.
Also remember to log off your Account and close your browser window when you have finished your Site visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your Account especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and HTTPS or SSL security standards. We also do not reveal your credit card number when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing. However, the Internet is not a secure medium and we cannot guarantee the privacy of your personal data.
Accessing and editing your Personal Data
If you are a registered Member at hadiyati.com, you can access, remove, review and/or change your personal data at any time by logging into the “Account” section of the Site.
Data storage and retention
We store the data that you provide to us on servers located in Frankfurt.
We retain your personal data as long as needed for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as solving technical issues, preventing fraud, resolving disputes, and for legal obligations (whenever it applies) such as assisting in legal investigations or taking any other action requested by law.
Like many websites, we use the 'cookie' technology. Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide you with features to improve your experience while using our Site. The cookies we use do not reveal any personal data about you.
If you do not want us to deploy cookies in your browser, you can opt out by setting your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when a website tries to put a cookie in your browser software. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our Site’s features. Therefore, we recommend that you leave them turned on.
No Spam or Spoof emails
To report Site related spam or spoof emails, please forward the email to email@example.com.
You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our Terms and Conditions. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content.